KINGS & PRIESTS KEYS, DECLARATIONS, DECREES
Updated: Jul 4
“Kingly intercession” is all about opening and closing spiritual doors.
ISAIAH 22:22 Then I will set the key of the house of David on his shoulder. When he opens no one will shut, When he shuts no one will open.
MATTHEW 16:18-19 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. “I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in Heaven.”
Melchizedek: First mentioned in Genesis 14. Again in Psalm 110: “The Lord said unto my Lord. Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2. The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst off thine enemies. 3. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. 4. The sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.”
1. Kings rule
2. Kings represent God’s authority to people
3. Melchizedek was a type of Jesus in several ways
4. He was a King and Priest like Jesus
5. Zechariah 6:13 is a Messianic verse describing Christ
“Thus, He will be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices.”
1. Jesus represents our needs and desires to God.
2. Jesus Kingly role is God centered.
3. Jesus Priestly responsibility is human-centered
4. Kingly authority releases our power and authority
5. Priestly authority releases the love, mercy, and grace
6. Priestly authority is petition or intercession oriented
7. Kingly authority is declarative, decreeing God’s word and will
8. As co-laborers, partners with and representatives of Jesus
Christ, we have become extensions of His King-Priest role
WE ARE NOT ONLY PRIESTS, WE ARE A “ROYAL (KINGLY) PRIESTHOOD” (1 Peter 2:9)
Let’s step fully into our Kingly intercession.