WALKING IN YOUR SHOES OF PEACE
1. The Apostle Paul gives us a key admonition in the how to walk
in your shoes of peace when he writes in Colossians 3:15
“And let the peace of God rule in your hearts…”
2. As we have shared in our previous teaching on the shoes of
peace few Christians allow the peace of God to rule in their
3. The word “rule” in the Greek carries the connotation of a
umpire in an athletic contest calling the shots. Let the word of
God rule or call the shots in your life.
4. Now we come to the “how to” in allowing the peace of God to
rule in the very midst of your heart.
5. The “how to” can be found in the next verse of Colossians
3:16 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;
teaching; and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns
and spiritual songs…”
6. There are two key words here being “dwell” & “richly”. In
the Greek “dwell” means take up residence and “richly” means
with “extreme extravagance and luxurious living”.
7. Allowing the Word of God to “dwell” in your heart “richly”
means the peace of God will begin to rule or umpire or call the
game of life favorably for you.
8. Remember that the armor of God has your feet shod with the
gospel of peace. Also remember those shoes are
weaponized with by the Word of God having 1” to 3” inch
spikes and cleats and are to be used to crush the enemy
under your feet where God has already put him.
9. Also there are two kinds of God Words. #1 the “Logos”
written Word of God and #2 the “Rhema" fresh, specially
quickened and revealed Word from God. Both need to
“rule” and “dwell” “richly” in your heart.